Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Should I Sit and Mix with Them?

Muhammad Ibn Abee Rajaa (may Allaah have mercy upon him) stated:
 

"A man from the people of Koofah informed me that Imraan Ibn Hattaan married a woman from the Khawaarij to turn her away from the religion of the Khawaarij. As a result of that, she changed him and turned him to the views of the Khawaarij." One of the Salaf mentioned: "The person shouldn't say I go to their sittings and mix with them in order to turn them away from their innovation. Indeed, the matter is not guaranteed and the heart is quick to change. The rectification/righteousness of myself takes precedence over the rectification/righteousness of other than myself."
 
Source: Lammud Durru Al-Manthoor Min Al-Qawl Al-Ma-thoor pg.188 point #554. Compiled by Shaykh Jamaal ibn Furayhaan Al-Haarithee (may Allaah preserve him).

Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah
Admin