Benefits from Soorah Al-Baqarah verse 183
"Oh you who believe, fasting has been obligated upon you as it was obligated upon those before in order that you may attain At-Taqwaa"
(Soorah Al-Baqarah: 183)
Benefits from this verse:
1. The importance of fasting being that Allaah addressed the believers with it.
2. Fasting is from the affiars of Eemaan (faith).
3. The obligation of fasting upon this Ummah.
4. The obligation of fasting upon the previous nations.
5. The mentioning of fasting being obligated upon the previous nations to make the affair easy upon this nation.
6. The completion of this Ummah (nation) by way of practicing that which was good from the previous nations and more.
7. The wisdom behind fasting is the attainment of At-Taqwaa (piety).
8. Actions are from Eemaan which is a refutation against the Jahmiyyah and the Murji'ah who do not hold actions to be a part ofEemaan.
9. Through the performance of the legislated acts of worship, there's a benefit for the individual.
10. Through fasting, one displays his/her gratitude to Allaah for favoring him/her with Eemaan.
11. Through fasting, one displays his/her claim of Eemaan.
12. Virtue of At-Taqwaa
13. Allaah has obligated different acts/types of worship. Some are performed by way of wealth, some by way of the body parts etc...
14. The Qur'aan is guidance for the believers.
Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah