Thursday, July 28, 2011

While Menstruating

On the authority of Aaisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) she stated:
 
"I used to wash the head of the Messenger of Allaah while I was menstruating."
(Saheeh Muslim #297)
 
On the authority of Aaisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) she stated:
 
"I used to drink (from a vessel) while I was menstruating, then I would give it to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) to drink from. He would place his mouth on the place where my mouth was and then drink. I would also eat meat from a bone while I was menstuating, then I would give it to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and He would place His mouth on the place where my mouth was."
(Saheeh Muslim #300)
 
Ibn Mundhir stated in Al-Awsat (2/104):
 
"In this there is evidence that the woman who is menstruating does not cause that which she touches to become impure being that her entire body is not impure. So when it is established that her body is not impure except for her privates, then it is established that that the impurity is in the private area due to the blood (of menstruation) being there and the rest of her body is pure."

Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah
Admin